The first Waldorf Salad was created in 1983, at the Waldorf Astoria, in New York City. Now it is an American classic. You will love this healthy tweak to the original recipe.
“Health”-ified Waldorf Salad
- 1/2 cup chopped, slightly toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red seedless grapes, sliced (or a 1/4 cup of raisins) CORE PLAN ONLY**
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and chopped
- 3 tbsp organic, full fat yogurt
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper to taste
- Organic lettuce leaves
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the yogurt and the lemon juice.
- Mix in the apple, celery, grapes (if using), and walnuts.
- Serve on a lettuce leaves.